The Forensic practice provides services which combine international resources, local knowledge and experience, technical skills and specific industry knowledge, in order to understand and provide answers to several threats faced by the modern and complex business world. KPMG’s global network of member firms providing Forensic services operate in 70 countries, with demanding internal accreditation processes and advanced training.
KPMG operates with consistent global methodologies, which, in connection with a business philosophy of forming professionals with experience in different industry sectors, enable the performance of services that reduce the risks of business losses, reputation and image. We are able to assist each client in their efforts to achieve key levels of business integrity through the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud and misconduct.
The services provided by KPMG`s Forensic practice cover the critical areas of vulnerability in the public sector and private companies.
The KPMG`s Forensic practice aims at providing clients with the tools and services required to handle all the issues related to the main risks faced by the company. Our service areas are:
- Corporate Intelligence Services
- eDiscovery/Forensic Technology
- Dispute Advisory Services
- Major Project Disputes
- Intellectual Property Disputes
- Fraud Risk Management
- KPMG Ethics and Fraud Hotline Service
- Regulatory Compliance Monitoring
- Anti-Money-Laundering (AML)
Our specific services include, among others:
- civil and criminal investigations.
- training, analysis or investigations related to the FCPA, UK Bribery Act and Brazilian laws.
- training, GAP analysis of anti-money-laundering programs, as well as related investigations.
- preparation and review of computer and accounting evidence.
- preparation of expert reports.
- affidavits and proof of evidence.
- provision of evidence before the judge.
- expert determination, arbitration, mediation or alternative dispute resolution.
- eDiscovery, advanced analyses and IT expertise, preventive and investigative assessments.
- support investigation in cases of insolvency, bankruptcy and restructuring.
- fraud prevention and awareness-raising strategies.
- implementation and management of a Compliance Hotline or Business Hotline (through web, toll-free number (0800), e-mail and other): these are important channels for the prevention and detection of fraud and corruption.
In order to offer our clients a comprehensive approach, in addition to our experts, the Forensic practice can integrate, when needed, supplementary experts from other areas of KPMG, such as Tax, Transactions and Restructuring (T&R), Internal Audit Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS), Corporate Governance and Sustainability (G&S), process improvement and redesign (BPS), ERP and information security services (ITAS), among others.