From small and medium-sized to large mining companies, from early exploration to closing of the mine, KPMG in Brazil has the resources, technical expertise and a focused team to meet your needs.
In Brazil, KPMG has one of the largest mining practices in the country with professionals from Audit, Tax and Advisory services focused on the segment. We provide services to approximately 50% of the major mining companies in the world.
KPMG has developed an international network of professionals with experience in the Mining sector. The KPMG International member firms operate in three regions - the Americas, Europe, Africa and the Middle East and Asia and Oceania - each with a dedicated leader in the sector. This structure allows its professionals to achieve the perfect balance between identification and understanding of local markets, helping to ensure consistent implementation of global strategies and practices. Our dedication to the industry is evidenced by the Global Centers of Excellence, located in:
Australia, Brazil, Chile, Canada, China, Russia, South Africa, Great Britain and the USA. Everyone has an important role in the development of a global focus in the market through the recruitment of experienced professionals that stay informed regarding what affects the global Mining industry and develop products that add value to the sector.
These Centers act as a link to access knowledge with the member firms of KPMG International, offering locally and around the world:
- Professionals dedicated to the Mining industry.
- Experienced leadership and professionals recognized in the market.
- Participation in the Global Centers of Excellence in order to stay up to date with industry trends.
- Publications, research and articles on issues important for the sector.
- Continuous training for professionals and clients in the mining industry.
The service offerings from KPMG members firms may include:
- Support for international investors in the region with tax, finance and regulatory advisory.
- Support for mergers, acquisitions and divestiture of assets and of the company.
- International tax advisory, compliance and structuring.
- Project due diligence to evaluate new investments and initiatives.
- Independent reports and valuations.
- Expense tracking for capital intensive projects.
- Support to joint ventures, advising on investment management and efficiency, while limiting risk.
- Assessment and guidelines for information, security and risk management governance systems.
- Assistance to clients in effective communication of their business performance.
- Response to the changing corporate governance environment.
- Advisory on environmental issues and stakeholders including review of the sustainability report, development of global reporting and audit initiative and greenhouse gas problems.
- Preparation and advisory on moving to IFRS.
- Provision for auditing of statutory financial statement and risk advisory services.
- Internal audit services and advisory.
- Support to staff and international executives.