Tax is key to the strategic planning and structuring of a deal, ensuring that at a very early stage the tax risks and, importantly, opportunities are identified. Both structuring and due diligence work can trigger fundamental issues for negotiation. Each deal can involve different tax systems, so detailed local knowledge is fundamental in avoiding potential negatives, while taking full advantage of the possible positives. Tax is also key to the success of the post-deal integration process – synergies cannot meaningfully be stated without considering their tax effects.
How KPMG can help
With KPMG's M&A Tax by your side at each step of the deal cycle you can get:
- Advice from a co-ordinated tax team within a multidisciplinary team. Not only can we provide the tax services you require but we can offer you a fully comprehensive service which includes tax, transaction services, corporate finance and, where allowed, audit and legal services
- Access to resources across a truly global geographical spread with critical mass in key jurisdictions. We have a dedicated European M&A Tax Practice supported by a global network of M&A Tax Professionals
- Hands-on project management and support. We can work with you throughout the entire deal cycle – from strategy through to post transaction planning, tax filings and beyond
- Leading edge strategies that work for you. We are at the forefront of legislative and technical developments and this allows us to develop tailored strategies for you
- Experience and knowledge of the business issues affecting M&A tax and the wider M&A market place.
Knowing your way around the national taxes and laws of more than 150 countries is a big enough challenge. Add to that experience in international and bilateral agreements, and the ability to put all this knowledge into the appropriate business and cultural context, and the task gets greater. KPMG can help you meet this challenge.