We assist with carve-outs, information memoranda and data rooms, answer purchaser queries, undertake vendor due diligence and perform independent business reviews. We undertake objective Vendor Due Diligence (VDD) exercises, initiated by a seller to assist with its proposed sale of a business, recognizing that our duty of care is owed to potential purchasers, and that our report will be addressed to the ultimate purchaser.
Our Capital Markets team provides leading edge advice on regulated capital market transactions. We provide a range of services tailored to meet the requirements of the listing company, depending on the level of in-house resource and your experience with the IPO process. These services include:
- Initial assessment of the issues, both regulatory and commercial, which the listing company should consider
- Assistance in maximizing the IPO valuation through focusing on key areas during diligence and appropriate presentation in the prospectus
- Advice on compliance with regulatory reporting requirements
- Advice on effective corporate governance and internal procedures to control business risk
- Providing practical assistance before, during and after IPO to minimize the pressure on the management team and help ensure they comply with the regulatory requirements of listing.
We also provide advice to listed businesses, embarking on regulated transactions following the IPO, such as further share issues.
We identify and assess synergies and separation issues by providing integrated programs to identify, prioritize and solve implementation issues; rationalize systems, offer technology and products; integrate industry best practices; retain key staff; build a management team.
We help assess the key issues facing the business and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows by analysis of commercial relationships and operations market studies. We provide an investigative analysis of a business, typically including results/projections, tax, cash flows, commercial issues, management information, systems and controls, pensions, compensation, benefits, legal issues and environmental matters.
We support transactions' negotiation and completion phases, and advise on contract drafting, price adjustment mechanisms, scope of warranties and indemnities.
We assist with the creation of efficient deal structures, optimizing tax, accounting and commercial and legal positions.
We provide assistance in pre-deal evaluation that is used in public takeovers, mergers, benchmarking, private acquisitions and potential disposals.