Creating shareholder value through M&A as part of any large company's strategy is challenging and necessary, but if the deal destroys value, management can be left more vulnerable than before. Successful deals have always been difficult to complete. Success depends on mastering the entire process, from target identification and assessment through integration and benefits realization.
How KPMG can help you
- We provide assistance in pre-deal evaluation that is used in public takeovers, mergers, benchmarking, private acquisitions and potential disposals.
- We help assess the key issues facing the business and the drivers behind maintainable profits and cash flows by analysis of commercial relationships and operations market studies. We provide an investigative analysis of a business, typically including results/projections, tax, cash flows, commercial issues, management information, systems and controls, pensions, compensation, benefits, legal issues and environmental matters.
- We assist with carve-outs, information memoranda and data rooms, answer purchaser queries, undertake vendor due diligence and perform independent business reviews. We undertake objective Vendor Due Diligence (VDD) exercises, initiated by a seller to assist with its proposed sale of a business, recognizing that our duty of care is owed to potential purchasers, and that our report will be addressed to the ultimate purchaser.
- We assist with the creation of efficient deal structures, optimizing tax, accounting, commercial and legal positions.
- We support transactions' negotiation and completion phases, and advise on contract drafting, price adjustment mechanisms, scope of warranties and indemnities.
- We identify and assess synergies and separation issues. We provide integrated programs to identify, prioritize and solve implementation issues; rationalize systems, technology and products; integrate industry best practices; retain key staff; build a management team
- An Initial Public Offering (IPO) is a complicated and time consuming process. Our experience shows that many companies underestimate the demands that the IPO process places on their existing resources. As a result, executives can neglect the day to day issues facing the business in the critical period running up to the listing. Furthermore, companies fail to anticipate the cultural and behavioural changes required to achieve best practice corporate governance in the longer term.
KPMG’s professional assistance and our value-driven approach can increase the probability of success, helping you identify opportunities and obstacles to realize value from transactions. With advice tailored to your needs, the transaction and the sector, we can assist across the entire transaction cycle or in one particular role, from pre-deal evaluation through negotiation and completion, to post-deal or separation. We invest in long-term client relationships and we bring you robust views, focusing on your key strategic and commercial drivers, and on value creation opportunities.
||Financial Times and Mergermarket have named KPMG 'Accountancy Firm of the Year' at the European M&A Awards 2011.|