The client is a big asset-intensive company, with several geographic entities and business units. Their consolidated balance sheet amounts to 2.5 billion euro. The company has a multitude of physical assets to manage their processes.
The client has a vision to develop a top notch Asset Management capability.
During the project there was a broad integration of all stakeholders (management, IT, technical employees and accountants) in the project
The project scope included assistance and advice with regard to:
- Full assessment of the physical assets in the first year
- Implementing a continuous reconciliation between accounting and technical systems
- Integration of an Asset Management Tool within the IT architecture
- Design of sustainable processes for registration and data changes
- Implementation of an Asset Management Organizational Structure
- Design of processes for performing data quality improvements within the technical databases without eroding the link with the accounting data
The project has enabled the client to develop a first class in asset management by linking and redesigning the Asset Life Cycle Management (ALCM) processes (both technical and accounting): Investments, demolition, maintenance, etc.)