As the business and regulatory environment continues to evolve, organizations face unprecedented regulatory scrutiny, emerging and systemic risks that can challenge traditional strategies and assumptions. For business leaders, this can mean balancing the pursuit of corporate performance objectives, while maintaining compliance with regulatory requirements and managing risks.
Simple Tabber Example
Many organizations are seeking answers that will help them align corporate strategy and culture to protect financial and reputational assets, as well as enhance business value. They recognize that in both the short and long term, companies that succeed will be those that can manage risk, drive business performance, and achieve regulatory compliance in an environment in which these outcomes must be managed strategically and with agility. This is where KPMG's Risk Consulting Service team can help.
At the same time, keeping up with changing regulatory standards has never been easy. For multinational organizations, dealing with compliance in different jurisdictions adds a layer of complexity, while efforts to comply with Sarbanes-Oxley, IFRS, and other industry-focused regulations have been onerous. Agile companies see a changing regulatory landscape as a significant opportunity to examine processes, and boost investor and market confidence.
How KPMG can help
Our partners and professionals can help turn risk and compliance efforts into opportunities to drive sustainable business value. This begins with developing the right approach to risk—one that enables organizations to seize competitive advantage by:
- Improving risk intelligence and strengthening decision making and business strategy
- Driving business performance through convergence of risk and compliance processes and programs
- Increasing business value by transforming the business model to be more risk adept
- Financial risks have probably never been more acute. Our financial and regulatory risk professionals have the technical and industry expertise, as well as the outstanding relationships with and understanding of regulators, to help our clients meet their many risk and compliance obligations. We are working across many areas including financial risk management, actuarial services, regulatory risk advisory (Basel 3 & Solvency 2), financial instruments services. Learn how KPMG's Financial Risk Management division can help you.
- Whether it is a fraud, business dispute, contract compliance issue, regulatory enquiry or large-scale transaction, major problems can quickly arise, spiral out of control and cause severe damage. We help our clients take immediate and decisive action to prevent, detect and respond to potentially contentious or harmful situations. Learn how KPMG's Forensic division can help you to take immediate and decisive action to prevent, detect and respond to potentially contentious or harmful situations
- Increasingly, internal audit is in many companies elevated from pure compliance to a function that regularly reviews the risk profile for emerging risks and identifies trends as it keep its finger on the pulse of business performance. The chief risk officer, meanwhile, becomes increasingly involved in strategic decision-making where the emphasis is as much on risk as it is on growth. Learn how KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk & Compliance Services division can help you.
- All major organizations have a critical dependency on their technology and the trust they place in their systems is constantly under threat from a complex landscape of technology risks. The media headlines of cyber attack, system and project failure, regulatory and compliance breaches and fraud bear witness to how often this trust is broken usually with huge financial and reputation impacts.
Learn how KPMG's IT Advisory division can help you.
KPMG's Risk Consulting teams work hand-in-hand to bring integrated, multidisciplinary, and cross-functional knowledge and skill sets to get the job done. We can add value—as our professionals immerse themselves in our client’s operations, culture, business strategy, understanding their needs and unique requirements. We provide objective advice, based on global experience that's tailored to support your individual circumstances. The result is that we offer not only transformation strategies, but the strong capability needed to execute those strategies and deliver sustainable change that drives business performance.
Advisory Partner, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services, Forensic
- Risk+ focuses on hot topics in the broad area of Governance, Risk and Control