KPMG’s Africa Telecoms Group (ATG) is a joint venture between our member firms in Africa, India, Portugal and the Middle East. Each brings specific knowledge and expertise in the telecommunications industry to the table, creating a centre of excellence that can help our firms' clients succeed in Africa.
We offer advice to maximise revenue, reduce costs and improve customer experience, and assist clients to implement solutions when needed. Some of our focus areas include:
- Costing of products and services: helping telecoms clients determine the cost of delivering their services and assessment of profitability on a product, contract and customer level
- Cross-border business: helping our clients understand and comply with different countries’ tax regimes and other regulatory considerations, including market assessments
- Shared services development: helping clients evaluate their systems and processes to determine if they are feasible for the shared services model
- Revenue assurance: helping clients assess whether all revenues are properly captured in their billing systems
- Transformational change projects – helping clients in major transformational improvement projects from finance to HR, procurement and operations
- Forensic and investigative services – providing fraud risk management services, fraud and misconduct investigations and fraud management systems advisory services.