KPMG conducted a study where we interviewed senior executives from 29 healthcare organisations around the world - all of whom had been involved in at least one integration.
Key points coming out of the study include the following fundamentals for successful M&As in the healthcare sector include:
1. Select new leaders and let them lead
2. Create and communicate a strong, clear vision
3. Place an emphasis on planning
4. Do the due diligence
5. Win over key stakeholders
6. Develop both the structure and the people
7. Have patience to achieve long-term objectives.
Read the full report to find out more.