KPMG released its 2014 Oil & Gas Africa sector report, focusing on reserves, potential and the prospects of Africa.
Some interesting facts coming out of the report include:
- Algeria’s exports were 15.3 billion m3 in 2012, placing them seventh globally as an LNG exporter
- African countries 99.9 billion m3 gross gas exports by in 2012
- Africa accounted for 7.8% of global reserves at the end of 2012
- Angola’s gas reserves rose from less than 57 billion m3 in 2007 to 366 billion m3 at the start of 2013
- Equatorial Guinea is the fifth largest gas producer on the continent
- Around 55% of Africa’s gas exports are made in the form of LNG