Highlighting best practices and innovative approaches from around the world, Breaking through the wall: Removing the barriers to Lean transformation provides real-life examples of how leading-edge hospitals are combining the five critical elements of Lean management to produce a system and culture of continuous improvement, namely:
- Embed standard work into the culture
- Engage staff in daily improvement
- Measure the right things and make results visible
- Apply strong leadership and governance
- Coach the staff and transfer Lean skills
The report looks at a number of critical issues that have been holding back progress, and offers some fresh thinking for anyone involved in healthcare management.
With deep industry experience, insight and technical support, KPMG firms are among the leaders in delivering a broad range of audit, tax and advisory services to meet the unique needs of healthcare policy-makers, providers and payers.