The Australian Government is focused on encouraging more companies to access R&D incentives and the new R&D Incentive legislation underpins these changes. Organisations that invest in R&D to drive innovation can create returns for their own business and assist in creating long-term value and competitive advantage for Australia.
Each year over 500 government grant programs are made available by different levels of government for all sizes of organisations. Government grants and environmental incentives programs can assist with innovation, business growth and strategically important projects.
KPMG assists organisations to take advantage of the R&D and innovation benefits they are eligible to receive. We can:
- identify and access R&D tax credits and a range of relevant government grants and incentives
- evaluate projects for tax efficient outcomes
- offer R&D business process management support, including reviews, process design recommendations and assistance with implementation
- identify and claim R&D tax concessions and relevant grants available internationally
- obtain other government support.
KPMG's team of R&D Incentives professionals has extensive industry experience and diverse technical backgrounds across areas including science, information technology, engineering, law, taxation and accounting.
This breadth of knowledge enables our professionals to provide clear and concise advice and support to clients across all industry sectors, and to effectively liaise with the numerous federal and state government agencies and industry bodies.