Climate change reporting may include elements such as assurance over greenhouse gas emissions and reporting in financial statements.
Other challenges include assessing preparedness to report under reporting frameworks such as the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting Act 2007 (NGER) and meeting third party assurance requirements of climate change reporting and disclosure.
KPMG’s Climate Change Accounting & Assurance group helps clients respond to the accounting, reporting, disclosure and assurance requirements associated with climate change.
The proposed introduction of a carbon emissions price mechanism and other measures to mitigate the threat of global warming will put a premium on transparent and accurate climate change reporting.
In this context, KPMG services include:
- assurance over NGER and other greenhouse gas emissions reporting
- advice on reporting frameworks and disclosures
- advice on accounting for carbon
- analysis of the effects of the proposed carbon emissions price mechanism on impairment testing, including cash flow consequences
- financial reporting advisory and assurance
- advice on tax implications.
At KPMG we seek to build and preserve the trust, respect and confidence of our clients by providing clear, relevant and timely advice.