Corporate failures and a tougher regulatory compliance environment have renewed interest in corporate governance, enterprise risk management and the quality of the internal control environment. There are several issues:
In many organisations there is a pressing need to upgrade and augment internal audit capabilities in these areas. It is where KPMG's Internal Audit, Risk & Control group can help.
We assist organisations to:
- develop effective governance practices to enhance the work of boards, chair persons and individual directors
- manage enterprise-wide business risks and opportunities to enhance shareholder value
- create an effective audit and control environment to establish a wide-ranging assurance framework
- measure business performance and communicating it to the right people at the right time
- instil a high-performance culture and ethical business practices.
We understand that the internal audit function should generate strategic value and contribute to better business performance.
The quality of our work reflects the technical capabilities and the commercial insights of our people, our cross-disciplinary approach to client engagements, our access to KPMG’s global resources and our extensive experience gained from advising listed and unlisted companies, multinational enterprises, government entities and leading not-for-profit organisations.