Executives are under relentless pressure to identify the various risks facing their organisations. They need to understand how these risks influence commercial decisions and the formulation of business strategy.
KPMG's Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) methodology takes a structured, holistic approach to managing the uncertainties that businesses face. It relies on the creation of robust internal mechanisms for gathering, analysing, monitoring and understanding the relevant information.
KPMG assists organisations to establish effective ERM practices and systems. We help them to:
- conduct enterprise risk assessments
- evaluate their current risk management practices
- develop practical plans for attaining risk management objectives
- transfer risk management knowledge to where it can be most effectively used
- train key people in ERM philosophies and practices
- execute ERM programs that become powerful strategic monitoring and reporting tools
- make better informed decisions about risk and embed risk and control awareness into decision making processes
- enhance accountability for risk at all levels of the organisation
- protect corporate brands and value propositions.
In working with organisations, KPMG deploys a proven global ERM methodology. Organisations are able to access a core team of ERM professionals supported by appropriate industry and technical practitioners and a sophisticated knowledge management system.