Globally, the transport and logistics sector is grappling with consolidation, surplus capacity, access to capital, pressures on profitability, complex information technology requirements and ever-increasing government regulation.
In Australia, significant issues include port access, the emergence of low-cost air carriers in the region, road and rail infrastructure and an increased blurring of the public and private transport sectors.
KPMG's Transport & Logistics practice understands the financial and operational drivers of the transport and logistics sector and work with many of Australia's, and the world's, leading public and privately owned transport groups across aviation, shipping, ports, rail and road freight.
We advise clients on a range of critical business and industry issues, including:
- public private partnerships
- reporting and regulation
- climate change and sustainability
- plant location analysis, closures and relocations
- mergers, acquisitions and asset disposals
- restructuring and debt advisory
- IT project advisory
- capital raising
- tax planning and compliance
- cross-border financing
- supply chain optimisation
- enterprise risk management
- investigating fraud and other misconduct.