Departments and agencies must find the right balance as they try to be more responsive and flexible while striving for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
While these issues are common to all levels of government, KPMG understands that there are distinct differences and challenges in the landscape and culture of each state and territory.
That is why we have dedicated teams in every state throughout Australia bringing to each assignment in depth local knowledge of unique environment in which each state government operates.
KPMG understands the business of government.
Our professional advisers come from a wide range of disciplines and are experienced in working with all levels of government to enhance their performance.
To do this, we tailor our range of audit, tax and advisory services to meet the objectives of each assignment, as well as the culture of the government agency or department.
We work collaboratively, but we are not afraid to challenge the status quo to create added value for our clients.
We also leverage KPMG’s national and international networks to access resources and explore new perspectives.
KPMG provides a range of services and advice to state and territory governments in the following areas:
- policy and strategy development
- program review and analysis
- climate change, water and energy policies programs
- public-private partnerships
- regulatory and infrastructure reform
- preparation of business cases to support treasury submissions
- financial and economic modelling
- accounting for government
- internal audit
- risk management (including fraud)
- governance arrangements
- stakeholder consultations
- executive recruitment
- business improvement analysis
- tax compliance
- financial statement audits.