Reflecting their relative financial strength, Australian banks have largely stood apart from these events. Nevertheless, it remains an exceptionally challenging time for the Australian banking industry — from volatile markets and increased funding costs to strategic cost cutting and heightened regulatory scrutiny.
In such an environment, protecting and growing shareholder value requires that financial institutions be disciplined, customer focused and opportunistic.
KPMG’s Banking practice is one of the leaders in the marketplace. Combining a strong local presence with access to a global network of banking professionals, KPMG’s Banking sector practice in Australia is well placed to help our clients successfully navigate through these challenging times and capitalise on opportunities as they arise.
We work closely with clients on a range of matters:
- external and internal audit
- tax management
- enterprise risk management
- capital adequacy and liquidity management
- regulatory compliance and licence requirements
- cost reduction and cash flow management
- corporate restructuring
- finance function and operational transformation
- IT assurance and advisory services
- fraud risk management and anti-money-laundering activities
- business intelligence and analytics for competitive advantage
- mergers, acquisitions and divestments.