Yet the forestry industry faces new and recurring challenges that reinforce the need for sustainable economic and environmental outcomes. Issues include:
- managing the consequences of drought and fire
- dealing with tax changes
- understanding the effects of climate change
- accessing water
- responding to the increased regulation of forestry and forestry management
- expanding use of third-party forest certification and the auditing of forest management.
Good external advisers can help forestry organisations work through these and other relevant matters.
KPMG’s Forestry group offers clients a suite of services geared to the needs of organisations right along the forestry chain, including:
- financial statement audit and accounting advice
- information technology assurance and advisory
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- R&D concessions
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- corporate governance support
- forensic support and dispute advisory services
- business process improvement
- Internal audit, risk and control services
- sustainability and climate change advisory
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- integration advice
- corporate finance and valuations.