This change has been driven by several considerations, including:
- rationalising costs
- improving systems and processes
- responding to climate change
- accessing debt and equity
- managing finite cash resources.
It is still the case that good professional advice can help resource groups deal with these and other matters in a timely and effective manner.
KPMG’s Energy & Mining Services group works with organisations on a range of important matters, including:
- financial statement audit and accounting advice
- information technology assurance and advisory
- tax compliance and advisory (corporate, indirect, expatriate)
- R&D concessions
- capital and operating expenditure monitoring
- corporate governance support
- forensic support and dispute advisory services
- business process improvement
- Internal audit, risk and control services
- sustainability and climate change advisory
- capital structure efficiency and debt advisory
- transaction opportunity identification and negotiation support
- financial due diligence and tax structuring advice
- integration advice
- corporate finance and valuations.
KPMG has also concluded an alliance with Resources Investment Strategy Consultants to offer clients a one-stop team to work on transactions, valuations, mergers, acquisitions and divestments.