Challenges for higher education institutions include:
- managing supply and demand forces in domestic and international student markets
- enhancing financial performance and diversifying revenue streams in response to reduced government funding
- dealing with an ageing academic workforce and global competition for relevant skills
- linking higher education and the development of vocational skills to deliver improved social and economic outcomes
- responding to competition from other countries in the development of higher education resources and the enhancement of academic standards.
KPMG has worked successfully with many higher education institutions on a range of complex issues.
We possess a dedicated team of professionals with wide experience within both the university and broader educational sectors. They possess an intimate understanding of the industry and its emerging trends.
Our specific services include:
- strategic planning
- governance arrangements
- business and operating reviews
- financial modelling and assistance with funding submissions
- business analysis and operational review
- executive recruitment of academic and non-academic personnel.