Departments and agencies must find the right balance as they try to be more responsive and flexible while striving for greater efficiency and effectiveness.
While these issues are common to all levels of government, KPMG understands that there are distinct differences and challenges in the landscape and culture of each state and territory.
That is why we have dedicated teams in every state throughout Australia bringing to each assignment in depth local knowledge of unique environment in which each state government operates.
Our people understand the environment, culture, policies and procedures of government. We also leverage KPMG’s national and international networks to access resources and explore new perspectives.
KPMG provides services to state and territory governments in the following areas:
- Policy and strategy development
- Program review and analysis
- Environmental, water and energy policies and programs
- Public-private partnerships
- Regulatory and infrastructure reform
- Preparation of business cases to support treasury submissions
- Financial and economic modelling
- Accounting for government
- Internal audit
- Risk management (including fraud)
- Governance arrangements
- Stakeholder consultations
- Executive recruitment
- Business improvement analysis
- Tax compliance
- Financial statement audits.