The formulation of relevant policies and strategies is equally daunting. These challenges extend beyond government to include not-for-profit and private sector service providers.
The stakes are high.
Among those who rely on these services and income support are the most vulnerable and disadvantaged members of society. At the same time, funding of health and human services accounts for a high and increasing proportion of government outlays. Obtaining value for the taxpayers’ dollar and satisfying community expectations are vital considerations.
Good outcomes in these matters result from strong management capabilities, robust reporting frameworks, the imaginative deployment of infrastructure and technology, sound operating systems and advanced financial skills. High quality external advice can help build these capabilities.
KPMG understands the demands placed on public administrators involved in health, human services and social policy. Our experienced professionals work with federal and state government agencies and with not-for-profit and private-sector providers.
Our services include:
- reviewing and evaluating programs
- evaluating service delivery and consulting with stakeholders
- redeveloping and redesigning services
- developing funding models
- assessing the cost effectiveness of new and existing service strategies
- formulating performance and quality measurement frameworks
- guiding policy development and execution.
We bring appropriate analytical and technical skills to each engagement. We take an independent and objective view of the issues under consideration. We adopt a practical, results-oriented approach to the task at hand.