Both energy producers and energy users are exploring the increased use of renewables.
Carefully sourced external advice can improve the quality of decision making about renewable energy. In Australia, specific issues include:
- securing energy sources
- environmental impacts of using traditional energy sources
- responding to climate change.
KPMG’s Renewables group helps organisations deal effectively with a range of renewables’ related matters. Our services cover:
- due diligence services associated with the acquisition or disposal of renewable energy assets and development opportunities
- advisory services covering project viability and elevating exit values for project developers
- auction approaches for diluting retailer purchasing power
- Renewable energy credit audit and accounting services for calculating ‘green benefits’ such as Renewable Energy Certificates and similar instruments
- advising on capital raisings and other strategic issues arising from commercialisation of renewable energy and associated technologies as well as advising on project structures and funding arrangements
- market entry and strategic reviews of investment opportunities in the renewables industry in Australia
- tax services and advice on R&D concessions and grant access for renewables’ projects
- power purchase agreement advisory assistance.
KPMG in Australia attained ‘carbon neutral’ status in June 2008. We also became the first of the ‘big four’ professional services’ firms in Australia to achieve Greenhouse Friendly™ certification by the Federal Department of Climate Change.