KPMG in Australia accepts international student applications for our Graduate Program in Adelaide, Brisbane, Cairns, Hobart, Launceston, Melbourne, Perth and Sydney who have not yet obtained their Australian permanent residency. This opportunity is not available in our Canberra office due to client requirements.
At this stage, KPMG will not be accepting applications from international students for our Cadetship, Co-operative or Vacation programs, however there may be opportunities in KPMG offices in the Asia-Pacific region.
To be eligible to apply, candidates will need to demonstrate their:
- ability to obtain permanent residency under the Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa
- legal right to work in Australia up until such time that permanent residency is granted.
We will also accept applications for graduate employment if you currently hold the Skilled – Graduate (Temporary) visa (subclass 485), provided that you can demonstrate the following:
- you are completing, or have completed, an Australian undergraduate or postgraduate degree that is accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia as satisfying the academic requirements for entry into the Chartered Accountants Program.
- you have studied this degree for at least 2 full years while based in Australia.
- you can provide with your application, results of either a General or Academic IELTS language test (www.ielts.org) completed within the last 2 years where they have achieved Level 8 on all four components – speaking, reading, listening and writing.
KPMG will not be sponsoring any students for the purposes of residency. Successful candidates who are not permanent residents when made an offer of employment will be required, as a condition of their employment, to independently apply for and obtain permanent residency.
Information obtained in the process of assessing your eligibility to apply for graduate employment with KPMG will not be used in any way other than determining your suitability to apply for and obtain permanent residency.
Only applications from international students that meet the above criteria, and therefore qualify for permanent residence after graduation, will be accepted.