The Valued Insurer distills four consistent attributes among these companies that contributed to their results. While one overarching characteristic is no great surprise – a consistent orientation or refocus by these firms around their end customer – these four key attributes merit careful contemplation.
- Focus: Best-in-class insurers articulate a clear strategy that reflects their vision and focuses on a long-term view of their customers’ needs.
- Efficiency: Successful insurers embrace a culture of continuous improvement by investing in scalable systems, processes and delivery channels to resolve legacy inefficiencies.
- Agility: Top insurers supports an mind-set that characterises their people from the boardroom to the front line.
- Trust: Top-performing insurers have built confidence and trust in the eyes of their customers, regulators, investors and the communities they serve.
- Customer-orientation: Successful insurers place their customers at the heart of their business.