It discusses the importance of the conversion management process, and considers the impact of IFRS conversion across an organisation, taking into consideration current standards and noting future developments that could impact accounting in the mining sector.
- key accounting and reporting issues such as impairment of non-financial assets, stripping costs and reserves and resources reporting
- elements of the IASB's discussion paper – Extractive Industries
- exploration and evaluation (E&E) expenditure
- development assets
- mine closure and environmental provisions
- joint arrangements
- financial instruments
- first-time adoption of IFRS.