The report, based on interviews with organisations, industry associations and government, considers not just the most pressing issues facing Agribusiness organisations today but also the future challenges and opportunities for the industry in Australia.
- A common approach and response to address changing global demographics, food security and foreign direct investment
- The impact on agribusiness of Australian manufacturing competitiveness and their struggle to remain profitable, including where organisations are vertically integrated
- A stronger voice on carbon (and energy) pricing, sustainability, water availability and failing infrastructure
- International trade, the impact of rising imports and the need to reduce barriers to trade
- The need for research and development to drive productivity, create differentiation and ultimately help agribusinesses thrive in cut-throat competitive environments.