Our report finds Australia is well placed to remain a priority destination, but we can’t afford to rest on our laurels.
- Chinese ODI for 2013 (USD 9.1 billion) fell 10 percent from 2012.
- Australia dropped to a second priority destination behind the USA for accumulated global Chinese ODI (since 2005).
- More private Chinese investor activity.
- Greater diversification of Chinese investments by industry in 2013 with commercial real estate the big winner with 20 transactions.
- Overall downward trend for new mining investments continued in 2013.
- Victoria is the number 1 Australian state for Chinese investment.