This edition of ViewPoint discusses ethical sourcing, R&D incentives, data analytics, pricing strategies and manufacturing within the consumer markets sector.
- Ethical sourcing has found its feet in the corporate responsibility agenda of most major organisations.
- The State of the Industry 2012 report confirms that Australia's food manufacturing and processing industry continues to shrink in the face of unfavourable economic and market conditions.
- Many agribusiness and food & beverage organisations may be missing out on substantial benefits under the revised research and development (R&D) Tax Incentive scheme.
- Despite substantial investments in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) platforms many organisations overlook the opportunity to leverage the data in collected to enhance decision making.
- Pricing strategies: when market share and volume growth might just be the wrong answer.