The 3-day course facilitates intensive training in key aspects of financial risk management, instrument valuation, dealing with AASB139, AASB9 and treasury controls, ensuring its status as a unique training opportunity.
The course is designed to provide hands-on training to officers and management in banks, credit unions, building societies or other nonbank financial institutions (FIs).
This course will assist participants to:
- identify and develop key strategies for financial risk management in FIs
- understand the valuation of financial instruments
- become familiar with the practical requirements of the accounting standards AASB139 and AASB9
- understand the market terminology associated with, and uses of financial instruments
- apply the principles in a half day case study.
- have the opportunity to network with other finance and treasury practitioners
- receive an update on the current conditions in capital markets and bank debt markets.
The course contributes towards meeting the professional development requirements of various professional associations.
Sydney: 22–24 June 2015
For further information on the course, including location, cost and registration details, please view the course program [PDF 128KB].
All registrations and queries can be directed to Danielle Boardman of the University of Melbourne on +61 3 9810 3237.