We expand on the Executive Summary and explore how agility can be created and deployed in support of developing and operationalising strategy.
We include case studies which bring to life how some of the 26 CEOs, 5 CFOs and 6 COOs of leading asset managers we interviewed are creating and deploying agility in the context of their strategic priorities.
- Agile asset management organisations are more likely to outmanoeuvre and outperform less agile competitors.
- CEOs believe the firms they lead need to be more agile if they are to remain relevant to clients and grow profitably.
- The impact of the financial crisis combined with significant market opportunities ahead, means agility will be critically important.
- Asset managers need to blend the sources and deploy them in a manner that supports their strategic and financial objectives.
- Agility around clients, products and markets is created primarily in the asset manager’s operating model.
- Agility can be stored, often at low cost, and deployed when required.