These challenges are growing faster than most organisations' ability to respond: today's complex environment requires an even stronger capability to master and optimise risk management.
- Risk management is widely seen as a high priority among companies surveyed, but only 66 percent built it into strategic planning decisions often or constantly.
- Despite the C-level's awareness of the risk environment, most companies surveyed did not have a consistent way of assessing risk across the enterprise.
- Less than a fifth of companies surveyed have developed a formal risk appetite statement.
- The greatest risk perceived by C-level executives across all industries is the growing regulatory pressure and changes in the regulatory environment.
- Many companies are increasing their investment in risk management and believe that technology can help, especially in breaking down the barriers between the risk and control oversight functions.
- More than a quarter of respondents have no means of measuring the value of risk management investments.