The paper is particularly relevant for Australian banking institutions and our regulatory environment as it provides valuable information to ADIs preparing for APRA's final Prudential Standard on Liquidity (APS 210).
Key topics covered include:
- The Basel 3 liquidity proposals and implementation timetable
- The strategic and operational issues as a result of the ratios
- Key actions banks are taking in response
- The impact on banks that aren't able to meet the ratios
- How the liquidity ratios are currently being implemented.
The report also contains an illustrative example of the impacts of the new liquidity requirements on a bank's balance sheet.