The survey examines how tax departments are responding in the way companies structure, develop and invest in people, processes and technologies to deliver their overall tax strategy, objectives and priorities.
- 93 percent of tax departments have a strategy that aligns with their overall business strategy.
- 77 percent of tax department strategies are board-approved.
- Over three-quarters of respondents have performance measures related to reporting and compliance.
- 76 percent of respondents now have a headquartered tax department.
- 62 percent of tax departments are engaged in or considering overall tax strategy and operational reviews.
- Less than 40 percent are 'integrally involved' in finance function transformation initiatives.
- Two-thirds of tax departments are currently involved in tax controversy.
Visit our global website for more information.