KPMG International commissioned FT Remark to survey 144 CFOs and CIOs from major corporations around the world. The survey reveals that an almost unanimous 99 percent of respondents said that D&A would be at least somewhat important to their current growth strategies, and almost seven in ten said it would either be crucially or very important.
- 69 percent consider D&A to be crucially or very important to their current growth plans.
- While the majority of respondents (56 percent) changed their business strategy to meet the challenges of big data, 42 percent of executives admit integrating data technology into existing systems and/or business models is their greatest challenge.
- More than half of all respondents (54 percent) identified their greatest barrier to implementing a successful D&A strategy was an inability to identify what data to collect.
- 85 percent consider their biggest challenge with analytics to be implementing the right solution to analyse and interpret data.
- 96 percent of executives felt to varying extents that they could be better utilising D&A within their organisation.