The report highlights the strategic, financial, environmental and risk related issues which were debated on peer-to-peer roundtable discussions moderated by KPMG experts.
- Economic, technological, consumer, market and natural forces are reshaping the global power and utilities market.
- Coal will continue to be an important part of the global energy mix, given demand needs, even with climate impacts.
- Smart cities hold the potential to fundamentally change the way energy is integrated via distributive generation, used efficiently through smart grids, and used ecologically via electronic transport systems.
- Quo vadis photovoltaics – once key players come to the table, constructing contracts will be a challenge.
- Wind projects continue to show the greatest investor interest.
- Cyber security continues to be the challenge of an interconnected world.