- Widespread global recovery in M&A activity has been slowed by low consumer confidence and uncertainty over the euro zone financial crisis.
- Companies worldwide remain eager to grow and consolidate and are preparing to come back strongly when confidence returns in 2012 and 2013.
- An extensive need for consolidation is keeping mid markets active.
- Financing is available for good deals with strong market rationales.
- An increased willingness by private equity firms to invest, namely in middle market.
For more information and online articles, visit Global M&A in Consumer Markets on KPMG's global website.