This year’s survey, Creating a Future Roadmap for the Automotive Industry, polled 200 global executives across Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Tier 1, 2 and 3 suppliers, and dealers on key industry issues over the next 5-10 years, including:
- consumer behaviours and the factors influencing consumer purchase decisions
- financing and investments to drive growth and profitability
- powertrain innovations and the future of the automotive value chain
- emerging markets and the role they play in the global automotive footprint.
The survey suggests that big changes are ahead, for example:
- Urban planning and vehicle purpose to dictate vehicle design.
- New technologies that enhance safety set to become a key differentiator.
- Alliances viewed as the solution to the changing business model challenge.
- Overcapacity is a continuing concern in mature and emerging markets – could it drive new mobility solutions?