In this edition, we explore some of the biggest infrastructure challenges related to population growth and rapidly shifting demographics.
We feature a Special Report on Asia Pacific, a region at the centre of the demographic shift now underway.
INSIGHT: Population provides interviews and roundtable discussions with industry leaders sharing their perspectives on megaproject delivery around the world:
- Blame it on the boomers: Who will fund infrastructure over the coming decades? – Bernard Salt, head of KPMG's Demographics Group
- Planning cities as if people really mattered – Hugh Barton, former Director of the World Health Organisation Collaborating Centre for Healthy Urban Environments.
- Talking transport: How leading cities are responding to shifting populations – Roundtable discussion with David Prout, Director General of the UK’s HS2 high-speed rail scheme, Desmond Kuek, CEO of SMRT & Anton Valk, former Chief Executive of Abellio.
- Open for business: Australia’s vibrant infrastructure market – Interview with Sir Rod Eddington, former Chair of Infrastructure Australia.
- Indonesia: An emerging infrastructure opportunity – Graham Brooke, KPMG in Australia and Indonesia