Whilst Australia appears to be a net beneficiary of these movements, domestic interest rates continue to rise and as the mountain of debt maturities continue to loom closer, CFOs need to remain on the front foot and continuingly reassess their future funding needs against current and future market conditions.
- Global financial uncertainty has seen exchange rates hit new levels.
- Business lending volumes have remained constrained, however margins continue to tighten and banks remain hungry for quality assets.
- An opportunity exists to secure improved terms, despite the mountain of debt maturities in 2011 and 2012.
- Leveraged finance new world metrics are normalising.
- The case for funding diversification continues to rise in importance as new products develop.
- Basel III — what does it mean for me?