The strength of the Australian dollar (AUD) continued to cause concern in the first quarter of 2011, but it conversely provided some positive news for Australian borrowers looking for offshore funding alternatives.
- Potential for Japanese disaster to impact liquidity and borrowing costs throughout the Asia Pacific region.
- A strong AUD – funding considerations.
- Australia’s syndicated loan volume building momentum.
- Banks hungry for business as supply remains thin.
- Alternative funding options proving beneficial for Australian borrowers:
- renewed Asia Banks presence
- philanthropic bonds.
- Continued strong appetite from the US market for Australian borrowers.