The establishment of a joint working group comprising senior officials to develop measures to address the diversion of profits by multinational enterprises away from their host countries was announced on 19 April 215.
The A New Tax System (GST, Luxury Car Tax and Wine Tax) Direction 2015 was registered on 17 April 2015.
The Australian Taxation Office (ATO) updated its ATO organisational structure as of 13 April 2015.
On 17 April 2015, the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) released one interpretative decision and withdrew one other.
- Missing PAYG withholding payment summaries
- Selling or closing a small business webcast
- Early ATO warning - franked distributions funded by capital raisings
- Business and practitioner - troubleshooting
- Business bulletins
- Deferral requests at peak lodgment periods – what you need to know
- Do you have clients exporting goods and services?
- Does your client need to lodge an FBT return?
On 16 April 2015, the Prime Minister, Tony Abbott and Parliamentary Secretary to the Prime Minister, Alan Tudge gave a joint doorstop interview in Boronia, Victoria.
TPB released a finalised Information Sheet, TPB(I) 25/2015, on Applying for registration during the transitional period: Sufficient experience to be able to provide tax (financial) advice services to a competent standard.
For an Australian Tax Director interested in a brief overview of the latest tax developments internationally, a selection of recent KPMG publications available via various KPMG websites is listed.