This factsheet provides a snapshot of what a carbon price mechanism means for the food and beverage sector.
- Fixed price phase for the first 3 years followed by a flexible price from 1 July 2015.
- Excludes agricultural emissions.
- Includes emissions from off-road fuel use relating to domestic aviation, shipping and rail.
- Potential inclusion of heavy on-road fuel use from 1 July 2014.
- Recognition of the food processing industry as having greater import pressures and higher exposure to energy costs than general manufacturing, with $150 million in targeted sector assistance under the Clean Technology Program.