This factsheet provides a snapshot of what a carbon price mechanism means for the agribusiness sector.
- Fixed price phase for the first 3 years followed by a flexible price from 1 July 2015.
- Excludes agricultural emissions.
- Includes emissions from domestic production of fertilisers and liquid fuel use relating to domestic aviation, shipping and rail.
- Initially excludes on-farm liquid fuel use, but there is the potential inclusion of fuel use in heavy on-road transport from 1 July 2014.
- Ability for land managers to generate and sell accredited offsets from the Carbon Farming Initiative.