KPMG Australia’s report outlines recent changes and trends to improve the information provided to the capital markets and how the CFO’s role is essential in developing tomorrow’s reporting strategy.
- The corporate reporting landscape in Australia is changing and companies need to redefine their corporate reporting strategy accordingly.
- Corporate reporting continues to lack a widely recognised ‘flagship report’ around which all other corporate reporting revolves.
- CFOs are well placed to lead their organisation in developing a strategically aligned corporate reporting portfolio that better meets the needs of shareholders.
- Internal reporting should be aligned throughout the organisation to underpin what is reported externally.
- Corporate reporting reform can reduce the volume and complexity of corporate reports, saving organisations time and money, while providing clarity and more meaningful information for report users.