When the superannuation and tax systems intersect, complexity and uncertainty multiply.
Industry participants need to keep fully informed of developments and the potential implications for superannuation funds and their members.
KPMG’s Superannuation & Pension Funds group provides the following services to public sector, public offer, industry and corporate funds:
- prepare disclosure documents
- advise on investment options and manager selection
- provide administrative support for funds (including defined benefit funds)
- work with trustees to formulate business plans and risk management policies
- develop detailed compliance programs
- review trustee performance
- evaluate member benefits and asset safeguards
- test trustee decision making processes and controls
- analyse business risk
- assist with outsourcing decisions covering custody, administration, insurance, asset selection and actuarial services
- advise on product offerings
- provide anti-money laundering advice.
We also provide the following compliance services:
- review administration against industry best practice
- evaluate credit rates and unit pricing systems
- create compliance programs
- advise on employer superannuation obligations
- assist with ATO negotiations and quantify shortfalls.